Terms & Conditions
**UPDATE TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All direct bookings fall under our Standard Terms and Conditions. The COVID-19 pandemic is categorised as a FORCE MAJEURE (FM) circumstance which is also part of our Terms and Conditions.
In light of the current situation and in an attempt to offer flexibility and understanding to our customers, we note that we can offer some flexibility with the Cancellation Policy, however at this stage we are not offering refunds but rather a credit for use, which can be used for future dates with us in the next 6 months (from the date of 1st April, 2020).
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Golfrates reserves the right to refuse any application for membership without providing any reason for decision
- All personal information provided to Golfrates must be accurate and correct
- You must notify Golfrates for any changes to your personal details or simply login to your Members Dashboard to Update Profile
- Golfrates accepts no liability or responsibility for individual or affiliated golf course cancellations
- Golfrates accepts no liability or responsibility for changes in pricing levels from affiliated golf clubs
- Members agree to receive information on promotions and events. Option for 'Opt Out' will be provided with all correspondence
- All Access Plus members will receive a number of complimentary vouchers that can be used at a host of Golf Courses, Those courses and the redemption process can be found by visiting your personal members dashboard upon joining. * Please read voucher deal conditions carefully prior to redeeming.
- Golfrates is not liable for any physical injury or death resulting from the participation of this program
- Golfrates utilizes the services of staff employed by participating golf clubs. In the unlikely instance that a golf club staff member offers any misleading information, Golfrates is void of any liability or responsibility
- Payments are processed through the Golfrates payment gateway and is in Australian Dollars (AUD)
- Golfrates utilises the services of EWAY. Golfrates is not liable or held responsible for any processing errors that come about by way of an EWAY disruption to service or error in their processing
- All golf vouchers purchased through the Golfrates website will be forwarded on by email and located on your Member Dashboard
- Tee times are subject to availability and the golf course reserves the right to allocate specific tee times for golf voucher use only
- Golf vouchers cannot be used to play in organised member, public or invited golf events unless authorised by the golf course
- Competition play using golf vouchers will be at the discretion of the golf course
- Read carefully the expiry date / Valid dates for use on each golf voucher. All golf vouchers will be honoured until date of expiry.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to purchase a Golfrates golf voucher/s
- There will be no refunds on vouchers, unless voucher terms were not met as per advertised agreement. Certain considerations will be reviewed by contacting Golfrates
- Golfrates accepts no liability or responsibility for individual or Golf Course/Golf Coach cancellations and Course closure, inclusive of travel, accommodation or other expenses incurred by you or any other person in connection with the cancelled booking.
- When booking a golf round or golf lesson the Golf Course/Golf Coach reserves the right to offer priority to other customers and members due to availability. Scheduling problems may result in waiting times.
- Golfrates accepts no liability or responsibility for insufficient stock levels as per advertised Golf Club Deal. It is up to the individual voucher holder and the golf club to discuss an alternative arrangement for collection of product/service
- Golfrates accepts no liability or responsibility for misplaced, lost or delays in delivery of vouchers beyond Golfrates control
- Golfrates accepts no liability or responsibility for fraudulent vouchers or use of another persons Unique Transaction ID
- All Vouchers are not redeemable for cash
Conditions of Use
- Customers will book tee times directly with the golf course making reference to their Name, Unique Transaction Number (located on the voucher)
- Customer will print off email voucher or simply display email voucher on phone and present to golf shop
You acknowledge that Golfrates will not be in breach or in any way liable to any party if it is prevented by complying with this agreement by reason of Act of God, act of Public enemy, Act of terrorism, war, earthquake, riot, explosion, compliance with any law or government restraint order, rule regulations, strike, lock out or other cause not reasonably within the control of Golfrates and you agree not to make any claim in relation to same.
WHAT IS 'PERSONAL INFORMATION'?
- Golfrates realises the importance of ensuring that personal information held by the company is treated confidentially, and is committed to ensuring that all personal information is only collected, disclosed, used and stored in accordance with the National Privacy Principles set out under the Federal Privacy Act 1988.
- All personal details provided on application form is considered confidential and will not be forwarded on to any other parties, unless authorized by member
- All personal details provided during the voucher purchase process is confidential and will not be forwarded on to any other parties, unless authorized by member/customer
- 'Personal Information' is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database) whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Any personal information that we collect will only be used and disclosed for the purpose for which it has been provided to us.
- Personal information may need to be disclosed to external service providers engaged by Golfrates in order for those service providers to fulfil their service obligations to the firm. For example:
- IT service providers who assist in managing Golfrates's servers and networks may need to access client data in order to maintain the servers and networks
- Where personal information is disclosed to an external party, Golfrates will take steps to ensure that the external party treats such information confidentially and in accordance with the Federal Privacy Act 1988.
If you have registered through our website to receive email communications from us, we may use your contact details to send you newsletters, marketing emails or invitations to Golfrates events which may be of interest to you. However, you may at any time opt out of receiving such materials by completing our Online Enquiry Form. Upon receiving such a request, Golfrates will remove your contact details from our distribution lists.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request us to provide you with access to personal information we hold about you. We will process all requests for access to personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles. In most cases, we will provide you with access to your personal information. However, we may refuse access in certain situations as listed in the National Privacy Principles. If we refuse to give you access, we will provide you with reasons for our refusal.
If any personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date, please let us know and, in most cases, we will use all reasonable efforts to update the information.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURITY
Golfrates is committed to keeping secure the data you provide to us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse or alteration.
The material on the Golfrates website is intended only to provide a summary and general overview on matters of interest.
This website and the information contained within it is subject to continuous change and although we attempt to ensure the content is correct and current we do not guarantee its currency nor correctness due to delays, errors and omissions which may occur.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Golfrates takes no responsibility whatsoever to you or anyone else for any loss or damage suffered as a result of or in connection with the use of this website or any of its content. This includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any computer viruses and any subsequent constructive loss which may occur. We recommend that prior to downloading any files, photos or articles, an appropriate virus check should be conducted.
Golfrates provides links to other sites for your convenience, however we take no responsibility as to the accuracy or currency of information on those sites. We do not endorse any information, goods or services referred to within the sites and our provision of links should not be taken to be an endorsement.
Golfrates authorises printing of content for personal use only and, all other use, copying or reproduction of this website or any part of it is prohibited (except to the extent permitted by law).
COLLECTION OF STATISTICAL INFORMATION VIA OUR WEBSITE
Our internet service provider makes a record of each visit to the web site. When you visit our website, the following information is logged for statistical purposes only:
- your server address
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, etc)
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded by you
- the previous site visited by you
- the type of browser used by you